Impact to Our Services
Updated 23 June 2022
We ensure the physical safety and health of our customers and each other as a priority.
Sylvanvale is taking guidance from the Australian and NSW Government with regard to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The current status of each of our services is outlined below:
- Our Supported Independent Living (SIL) services will continue to operate.
- Mikarie Child Care Service remains open.
- Our Clinical Services team will continue to operate, including face to face consultations.
- Our Support Coordination will continue to operate via face to face, phone, video conferencing and email.
- Our Independent Living and Social Support services have recommenced, with home and community based supports operating with social distancing in place.
- Our Community Hubs services remain open.
- Caringbah Craft Centre remains open.
Community Access For Supported Independent Living (SIL) Customers
For SIL homes in lockdown due to a resident testing positive to COVID-19, all participants at that site cannot access the community for the full isolation period.
At SIL homes not in lockdown, the residents, regardless of vaccination status, are permitted to leave the SIL house to exercise, seek medical or to attend small family gatherings provided they adhere to the restrictions within Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021.
SIL residents, and their accompanying support worker, must be fully vaccinated to visit:
- Hospitality venues such as a café or restaurant,
- Group classes and activities at recreation facilities,
- Retail outlets such as shopping centres (not including essential services such as a supermarket or pharmacy).
- Residents must wear a mask at indoor venues and when on public transport.
- Residents should get a booster dose as soon as they are eligible for one.
Family members can continue to take their person out of the home to see them and spend time with them in the community.
Day Programs & Respite
- Sylvanvale Day Programs remain open.
- External Day Programs remain open.
We are keeping the people we support, their families and carers updated through regular communication. If you are not receiving these communications, please click here to contact us.
The following three methods are available to help you keep in contact with your person at our Supported Independent Living (SIL) sites.
- Video conferencing.
- Storypark. Click here for user guide.
- Telephone calls with SIL sites.
For further information, please contact our Service Planning Team, or call 1300 244 577.